Silvadec Fibres, located near Ploërmel, is an affiliate of Silvadec, Europe's wood composite pioneer. The site specialises in manufacturing wood fibres for use by industrial clients.
The dynamic, diversified environment means that we can offer you an opportunity to develop your skills, achieve your objectives and contribute to our expanding activity.
In this context, Silvadec Fibres is looking to recruit a Forklift Operator for its site at Roc Saint André (département 56, France).
Answerable to the line operator, you will:
- Mix substances, in accordance with the line operator’s instructions,
- Supply an input substance to a drying line and a milling line,
- Make sure product is removed from both lines,
- Place items into storage, following an established storage plan,
- Perform level-1 maintenance of machines,
- Clean your work area,
- Possibly create loads of our finished products for shipping.
You will be responsible for:
- Service continuity, by supplying input continuously,
- Good organisation of the storage area,
- The load to be shipped,
- Compliance with our rules on safety and the environment.
You hold or have held a Safe Driving/Operating Proficiency Certificate (CACES) for a loader (CACES 4) or a forklift (CACES 3), or you have substantial experience of operating such machines successfully.
Your autonomy, organisational abilities and thoroughness are all assets that will help you succeed in this role.
Vacancy to be filled quickly.
Job type: Fixed-term contract, 1 year
Working hours: 2x12-hour shift, both weekend days, plus public holidays (alternating between days (5am to 5pm) one weekend and nights (5pm to 5am) the next)
Salary: 10.5 euros/hour (with an increase for working weekends and nights, and an allowance for meals, transport and laundry, plus health insurance)