We are looking to hire a Mechanical Design Draughtsman/Woman in a permanent role.
The job is split across two activities:
• Designing special industrial machines, under the responsibility of the Site Manager of 2J Tech, a company that is part of the SILVADEC group and specialises in Industrial Solutions.
• Designing new products, under the responsibility of the SILVADEC R&D Manager.
In particular you will be required to:
• Work in pairs with the designers / product developers
• Take part in drafting the specifications
• Design the various mechanical parts, working from the specifications
• Ensure that new products are compatible with the existing ranges
• Define the manufacturing processes for subcontracted parts (extrusion, machining, smelting, injection…)
• Size the equipment and the necessary actuators (electric motors, pneumatic actuators, pumps)
• Seek out components through contact with suppliers
• Create 3D models in TopSolid and Solidworks
• Devise general layouts, detailed plans and parts lists
• Correspond with the different parties performing work (electricity, automation, workshop, certification body)
• Provide a complete design dossier (plans, parts list, supplier bid(s))
• Produce technical files and instruction manuals
• Bring on board your knowledge and fresh ideas, thereby contributing to brainstorming sessions and know-how development.
Vacancy to be filled as soon as possible.
Salary dependent on profile.
You have at least 5 years’ experience in an equivalent role, ideally in the industrial special machines sector.
You are self-directed, rigorous and organised (balancing two activities), and you can work in “agile mode”. You interact well with people, both internally (with all company departments) and externally (clients, suppliers, certification bodies, etc.).
Ideally, you have a working knowledge of English.
You are a proficient user of one of the two CAD tools: Solidworks or Top Solid 7.